Talent Acquisition Specialist vs Recruiter – A Day In The Life
Interested in what life looks like for a Talent Acquisition Partner at Search? Katie Ball talks to us about what her typical day looks like and what she enjoys most about her role.
Talent acquisition specialist vs recruiter
Hello, my name is Katie, I’m a Talent Acquisition Partner and I’ve worked at Search for almost 7 years.
What does your job involve?
My job involves identifying ambitious and talented people to join us here at Search!
What is a typical day like in your role as a talent acquisition specialist vs recruiter?
My usual day will go something like this:
- 9am: Morning meetings (or Zooms!) with the team to make a plan for the day
- 10.30am: I’ll spend some time speaking with stakeholders across all areas of the business to understand their current needs and identify areas of growth
- 12pm: Lunch time!
- 1pm: Social media time – I’ll be writing engaging adverts and LinkedIn posts to highlight priority vacancies, before networking and reaching out to potential new recruits via direct message, job boards or applications
- 3pm: Time for some telephone pre-screens to brief candidates on vacancies, and to find out about their ambitions, their experience and what they are looking for in a new role
- 4.30pm: Calling a candidate to present a job offer – the best part! – before managing their next steps and on-boarding process
How did you get to be a talent acquisition specialist vs recruiter?
I got into recruitment through being approached directly by the Internal Recruitment Manager after putting my CV online – I’d done some internal recruitment at my old company but came into Search as an agency-rookie!
What is Search like as a place to work?
Search is somewhere where you are rewarded and recognised for hard work, commitment and success! All this whilst being supported and encouraged by a management team who genuinely care about your career ambitions and professional and personal development. We’re a fun loving bunch who enjoy being together and enjoy celebrating success!
What do you enjoy most about your job?
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to offer someone a job! Especially since they’ll be joining teams and Managers that I know they’ll love and that will truly invest in their futures. I also enjoy checking in with successful candidates to see how their Search journey is going; hearing about first placements, hitting personal bests and of course getting promoted!
What advice would you have for anyone thinking of a career at Search?
My top tip for anyone thinking of joining Search would be talk to one of my team, of course. We are here to offer advice and we’ll work hard to identify the right opportunity and team for you. If you are an experienced recruiter or want to kick start a new recruitment career path, then get in touch!
If you’re thinking of a career move, take a look at what makes Search a great place to work here or contact our internal recruitment team for an informal discussion at email@example.com
S1 Recruitment Awards crown Isabel Muller consultant of the year Isabel Muller, Business Partner, for the Business Support division in Dundee, was recently awarded as
Check out our 5 latest jobs
Recruitment Team ManagerLeeds, West Yorkshire
Trainee Recruitment Consultant Business SupportGlasgow
Recruitment Consultant Industrial DivisionGlasgow
Recruitment Consultant/Senior Industrial & ManufacturingNewcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
Trainee Recruitment Consultant HospitalityCrawley, West Sussex